PRX315D is a 15-inch portable two-way speaker system designed for live performance, music playback or reinforcement of speech.
For the low ends, PRX315D uses a premium 15-inch low frequency driver with a edge-wound ribbon voice coil of 2 ½ inch (64mm) in diameter to bring the system solid bass, high efficiency and large power handling capabilities. A JBL 2412 1-inch ferro-fluid cooled compression driver with titanium diaphragm provides the system with clean and warm high notes and uncompromised reliability. JBL SonicGuard™ technology improves system stability by protecting the high frequency driver from excessive power without interrupting the show. Apart from the drivers, fault-free performance of the system also relies on the precision-crafted crossover network, which feeds the two drivers with clear cut frequencies with minimum overlap and is capable of handling high power with its high-voltage capacitors and inductors. The patented Progressive Transition™ waveguide mounts on top of the tweeter and provides the system with superior coverage control, reduced distortion and smoother frequency response.
PRX315D encloses all the acoustic components in a rugged cabinet constructed from 15mm MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) using advanced adhesives and mechanical fastener technology for extreme durability and improved low frequency response. Two all-steel handles are integrated to sides of the case to make transport and setup easier. A 36-mm socket allows PRX315D to be mounted on a speaker pole and to work as a main or fill. The socket supports either up-straight standing or 10° tilting, helpful when the audience coverage needs to be uniformed. For the front of the speaker, a dent-resistant grille made from 18-gauge perforated steel protects the components inside from damage on the move or during the show.
- Premium 15-inch low frequency driver with a 2 ½ inch diameter edge-wound ribbon voice coil for solid and extended bass, high efficiency and power handling
- JBL 2412 1-inch ferro-fluid cooled compression driver with titanium diaphragm delivers clean and warm high notes and uncompromised reliability
- JBL SonicGuard™ technology constantly protects the high frequency driver from excessive power
- Precision-crafted crossover feeds drivers with clear-cut frequencies and delivers coherent summation in the crossover region
- Progressive Transition™ waveguide provides superior coverage control, reduced distortion and smoother frequency response
- Rugged enclosure made from 15mm MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard)
- 36-mm dual angle pole-mounting socket
- Dent-resistant grille protects the internal from damage on the move or during the show
- For live performance, music playback or reinforcement of speech
|System Type||15” 2-way speaker|
|Power Rating Continuous||None|
|Power Rating Program||None|
|Power Rating Peak||1000 watts|
|Frequency Response (-3dB)||50 Hz – 12.5 kHz|
|Frequency Range (-10db)||38 Hz – 16 kHz|
|LF Internal Amp Output||JBL M115-8A|
|HF Internal Amp Output||JBL 2412 1” exit compression driver mounted on Progressive TransitionTM Waveguide|
|Sensitivity (1W @ 1M)||98 dB SPL|
|Maximum SPL||128 dB|
|Coverage Pattern (H x V)||None|
|Nominal Impedances||8 Ω|